Public Policy Director - CDBA
Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) is the national trade association of FDIC-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks and thrifts. Our members are mission-focused institutions that provide lending, financial services, and technical assistance in disinvested urban, rural and Native American communities across the United States. We are the voice of the CDFI and mission focused banking sector through public policy advocacy, promoting industry best practices, and peer networking.
We are seeking a high energy and dynamic candidate for the position of Public Policy Director. The Director will advance our public policy advocacy agenda. The position reports to Chief Executive Officer, but works with all members of the team. This is a full time 40 hour per week position. The position is located at PCG's offices in Washington DC.
CDBA is managed under an administrative agreement with Partners for the Common Good (PCG). The Public Policy Director will be an employee of PCG, but principally assigned to duties to support its work with CDBA.
• Stay abreast of regulatory and legislative developments that affects Federal community development and financial services policies and programs.
• Analyze regulatory proposals and policies to assess impact on the membership and the low income communities they serve.
• Participate in drafting public comment letters and testimony.
• Analyze, compile and disseminate research, data, and written materials on the community development banking sector to support education and policy efforts
• Solicit input from CDBA members to formulate policy positions.
• Coordinate advocacy campaigns and outreach on Capitol Hill and Federal agencies
• Oversee development of databases of legislative contacts, Federal program awards, and impact of CDBA members.
• Responsible for researching and initial drafting "thought leadership" articles and OpEds for biweekly CDBA newsflash or external publications by CEO, Board members or other industry representatives.
• Supervise development CDBA member impact profiles and other initiatives to build the capacity of CDBA members to collect and report impact.
• Participate in event planning for annual conference, workshops, webinars and conference calls.
• Execute special projects and provide general support to the membership.
• Supervise assigned staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Passion for community development finance and improving the lives of people in underserved communities
• 5 years of experience in public policy or advocacy with a focus on community development, affordable, financial services, or other related fields
• Experience working on Capitol Hill is a plus.
• Strong analytical and research skills
• A proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task, excellent time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong writing skills are essential
• Strong verbal communication, networking, relationship management, and customer skills
• Good people skills with a strong team orientation
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Good project management skills
• Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
• Experience using Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) solutions is a plus
• Basic computer and research skills along with familiarity with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the internet is a must
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens
Competitive nonprofit sector salary commensurate with experience. Collegial work environment. Good benefits package available.
Interested individuals should submit a resume, cover letter, professional writing sample and three references here: http://www.pcgloanfund.org/public-policy-director-community-development-bankers-association