The Commercial Bank
Community business leaders formed The Commercial Bank in 1914 in DeKalb, Mississippi. The bank quickly became an integral part of DeKalb and Kemper County. In 90-plus years there have only been 7 Presidents, reflecting the stability of the bank management.
The first 57 years saw only two presidents: Charles Rosenbaum and T.A. Stennis. Michael Dudley, a native of DeKalb, is the current President and Chief Executive Officer. In 1995, The Commercial Bank introduced its special brand of independent banking to Lauderdale County by opening a branch in Collinsville. Shortly thereafter, branches were opened at Briarwood and in Meridian’s medical district downtown. The Commercial Bank continued its expansion by opening a branch in Philadelphia in 2007.